Housing Support Worker
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Supervisor: Housing/Outreach Supervisor/Program Manager
The Housing Support Worker will assist, guide and support clients with securing and sustaining safe and affordable housing and supports. Our Housing Worker will represent Thunder Woman Healing Lodge Society by demonstrating the qualities of the Seven Grandfather Teachings: Respect, Honesty, Truth, Humility, Courage Wisdom and Love.
- Develop relationships with housing providers, landlord and organizations to secure available housing units.
- Collaborate with TWHLS staff to support the transition of residential clients.
- Maintain a caseload that consists of both residential clients and outreach clients
- Assist with outreach duties when needed
- Diligently follow-up to serve the needs for clients
- Maintain statistics and clear case management reports.
- Practice strict COVID-19 protocols, attend staff training and weekly staff meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in a related field (Social Work, Child and Youth Work, Social Services) or relevant mix of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years work experience working with Indigenous women preferably in a residential setting.
- Experience working with Indigenous clients and clients involved in the correctional system
- Experience in case management and a managing a full caseload
- Knowledge and awareness of issues related to homelessness and incarceration and the community resources Indigenous women need to transition successfully to independent living
- Extensive knowledge of housing resources and Indigenous supports in the community
- Extensive knowledge of housing specific resources, referral, and application processes
- Excellent organizational, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent administrative skills, experience drafting reports that include evaluation data/analysis
- Effective computer skills including MS Office, Outlook, Excel, MS Teams, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Residential Tenancy Act, Eviction processes and Landlord Tenant Board
- Class “G” valid driver’s license an asset
If you meet all the above qualifications and can demonstrate this in your cover letter and resume, please send a cover letter and resume to to the Executive Director
We thank all applicants and respectfully advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
** We strongly urge Indigenous (First Nations, Metis and Inuit) individuals to self-identify and apply.